Jeannette is a Registered Psychologist and Marriage & Family Therapist with more than 25 years experience. Her varied life, and educational and professional experiences have contributed to a broad and well-integrated view of life and the nature of human difficulties. Jeannette has an engaging and compassionate approach to both therapy and training. She works from a holistic, solution-oriented perspective, and values collaboration with complementary health professionals. She is a highly skilled therapist and passionate learner.
Jeannette’s education has included undergraduate and graduate work in political studies, political sociology,and psychology. She has completed a long list of advanced training including EMDR and, TFT, family therapy, psychoimmunoneurology, attachment and affect regulation and a number of somatic therapy approaches including Self-Regulation Therapy, Somatic Experiencing and Sensorimotor Psychotherapy. She has been working as a somatic therapist since 2000.
She is a very skilled trainer and integrates her knowledge of treatment of trauma and PTSD, including accident and surgery related trauma, trauma related to violence in all forms, complicated and traumatic loss and crisis intervention. She facilitates workshops throughout Canada, in Northern Ireland, Scotland, Mexico, Argentina and US.
- Registered Psychologist and Family Therapist for 20 years
- Specialist in trauma and PTSD, traumatic loss, suicide intervention and secondary traumatic stress/Compassion Fatigue
- Program Consultant for SaskHealth Suicide and Trauma Intervention Program 1999-2006
- National and international workshop facilitator
- Clinical Supervisor and Trainer for Homefirst Trust, Northern Ireland, 2004
- Founder and Clinical Consultant, After Suicide Support Inc., non-profit organization for survivors of suicide since 1989
- Consultant to Cooper Rock Films and National Film Board on Youth Suicide and Bereavement film series
- Past President Canadian Traumatic Stress Network, Past Board Member Canadian Association for Suicide Prevention
- Extensive experience in community development and community trauma response team training
“I met Jeannette when we were producing a very sensitive series on youth suicide. Jeannette became our consultant, our guiding light. She helped us to go the gammit. Her skills and character are second to none. I can attest to Jeannette’s skills and energy that will take you to places you never thought possible”